Hey there! Not much to share update-wise on the renovation this week. Some additional electrical wiring, plumbing is still in progress, and something happened with the HVAC last weekend, not sure exactly what but it involved some red goop around the edges of ductwork in the first floor ceiling that is routed to the second floor. I know, super exciting. Instead of diving right into the details of that, I thought I’d share my inspiration for the first floor powder room. The picture below is a reminder of how terrible it was to start with.
I guess it will be a little more than a powder room, because it’s going to have a shower as well. This bathroom will be off the mudroom, the original location was at the other end of the house and we were originally not going to include it in the project at all (so glad we changed our minds!) The furnace room and the bathroom have switched places and I think the new location will be much more functional.
Plus, since its pretty small, I thought it would be a good idea (read: affordable 😓) to pick some fun finishes. This is what I’m currently thinking:
1. I love this mirror, not sure on the finish though
2. This tile was totally my inspiration for this room
3. A pedestal sink is definitely all that will fit!
4. I like this tile as an accent in the shower
5. This tile would be the main tile in the shower. I love the finish on it!
6. Something similar to this for lighting? I noticed this is also on sale right now 😁
Anyone else working on a bathroom remodel? I’m just glad we decided not to save it for when we move back in. I’m sure the last thing we will want to do is a complete bathroom remodel!