Hello! Not too much more progress on our reno this week. Rumor was that the rough-in plumbing would be completed but that didn’t happen, so currently figuring out what delayed that. In the meantime, I figured I would share my thoughts for our future mudroom. Sounds boring to people who already have one, but since the pre-reno version of our house consisted of a bench and some hooks at the front door, immediately followed by our dining room table, the concept of an entire space that is for shoes, coats and backpacks that I won’t have to look at while I eat dinner is incredibly exciting! Some photos of our previous situation and current interior state are below:
I put together a mood board with some ideas to make the new space pretty and functional:
1. I’ve been wanting to get some storage lockers for a while to keep things organized
2. A table like this would make a pretty drop zone
3. Durable, waterproof flooring is definitely a requirement with 3 kids!
4. Something similar to this color paint, neutral and cool
5. I’d like to at least start out with a nice rug, though I’m sure it would be replaced quickly once winter hits.
6. Maybe an artificial tree or plant for color since I’m unable to keep real ones alive? 😂
Anyone else have a less than desirable drop zone situation? We are also considering tile floors in this area, any lessons learned on tile v. vinyl?